Hi, could a commiter have a look to #31718 ?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Oct 27 07:09:20 PDT 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 5:36 AM, Francois Claire wrote:
>> ... and if you end up having to ping the list frequently for commits to happen, maybe you should apply for commit access yourself? :)
>>
> I did ask for commit access in the past and my request has been rejected. I don't want to submit a new one: I don't have enough experience to write portfiles and did several mistakes which have been catched by experienced commiters. This helped me a lot and I learned a lot fixing them.
> This check done by experienced committers aslo increased the quality of my portfiles to the desired standard of the macports project, which reduced the potential support requests for problems related to my portfiles.

We used to pair up new committers with experienced committers to help with this.

I'm not portmgr, but since we have a constant need for more involvement in the project - it makes sense to try to get as many people interested in maintaining ports, and then committing ports (and maybe also working on base/) as is possible...

--
Daniel J. Luke