php5 extensions can't see installed SAPI

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 1 13:53:07 PDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:01, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Can anybody tell me what's going on here:
> ++ whether it's a bug in MacPorts, or not
> ++ how I can fix it if not a bug

> pro17:~ root# port install php5-web
> --->  Computing dependencies for php5-web
> --->  Building php5-web
> Error: php5 is installed without web server support. Please reinstall it

> pro17:~ root# port install php5-uploadprogress
> --->  Computing dependencies for php5-uploadprogress
> --->  Fetching php5-uploadprogress
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: php5 must be built with the
> +apache2 variant enabled.

php5-web and php5-uploadprogress determine whether php5+apache2 is installed by checking for the presence of the file ${prefix}/apache2/modules/libphp5.so. I assume that file doesn't exist, and that there's therefore something wrong with your php5 installation. Can you show us the contents of your php5 port?

port contents php5 > ~/Desktop/php5.txt