php5 extensions can't see installed SAPI

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Sat Sep 3 09:09:24 PDT 2011

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> php5-web and php5-uploadprogress determine whether php5+apache2 is installed by checking for the presence of the file ${prefix}/apache2/modules/libphp5.so. I assume that file doesn't exist, and that there's therefore something wrong with your php5 installation. Can you show us the contents of your php5 port?

OK - that's the problem !
I've pathced php5 to
1) rename libphp5.so to mod_php5.so to keep it in line with the other *.sos
2) auto-install of mod_php5.so through apxs

hard-linking libphp5.so with mod_php.so solved the issue

wouldn't it be smarter to check whether port installed php5 includes the
+apache2 version instead of checking for a particular file in a
particular place ???

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa