Releasing 2.0.3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 5 23:29:26 PDT 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 11:09, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Source tarballs and a disk image for Lion are available from
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/macports/files/MacPorts/2.0.3/

I see Snow Leopard files were uploaded as well. I have Tiger and Leopard dmgs built and ready to upload.

The release process doesn't tell me how to create the .asc files. How did you do it? (Can you update the document?)

> But I will hold back announcing this release until we have the files at
> the usual location on http://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts

We can use this "cheesy hack" Joshua used a year ago:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/68222/trunk/dports/sysutils/MacPorts

We don't need to host the files elsewhere like Joshua did; we can pull them right from SourceForge with:

master_sites sourceforge:project/macports/MacPorts/${version}

(Why don't we even leave that line there?)