Releasing 2.0.3

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Sep 6 00:52:48 PDT 2011

On 2011-09-06 08:29 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2011, at 11:09, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Source tarballs and a disk image for Lion are available from
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/macports/files/MacPorts/2.0.3/
>
> I see Snow Leopard files were uploaded as well. I have Tiger and Leopard dmgs built and ready to upload.

The Snow Leopard disk image was provided by Jeremy Lavergne. We did not
release Tiger disk images for the other 2.0.x releases.

> The release process doesn't tell me how to create the .asc files. How did you do it? (Can you update the document?)

They are detached signatures created with GnuPG:

  gpg --armor --detach-sign MacPorts-2.0.3-10.5-Leopard.dmg

Of course this requires a previous set up of a PGP key which would be
quite useless without signatures proofing your identify.

>> But I will hold back announcing this release until we have the files at
>> the usual location on http://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts
>
> We can use this "cheesy hack" Joshua used a year ago:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/68222/trunk/dports/sysutils/MacPorts

Good idea, I will try this later today.

Rainer