ghostscript commit

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Apr 6 11:37:10 PDT 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 11:40 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Regarding http://trac.macports.org/changeset/91582, don't you also want to drop the port:freetype dependency then?
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/91582
>
> Also, for somebody not familiar with the build, would it be clearer to delete the included packages then rename them with "_local"?  I presume this moves them out of the way so they are not found?

Possibly related to this subject, otherwise apologies for thread jumping.

I am having issues with ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick finding fonts.

If IM and GM delegate font rendering to GS this GS issue could be the cause of my issues. Does anyone know definitively if IM and GM delegate font rendering to GS?

The following commands fail where I have the relevant ports up to date and succeed where I have reverted to older versions.

# ImageMagick
$ /opt/local/bin/convert -list font

# GraphicMagick
$ /opt/local/bin/gm convert -list font