ghostscript commit

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 7 22:11:37 PDT 2012

On Apr 6, 2012, at 13:37, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I am having issues with ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick finding fonts.
>
> If IM and GM delegate font rendering to GS this GS issue could be the cause of my issues. Does anyone know definitively if IM and GM delegate font rendering to GS?
>
> The following commands fail where I have the relevant ports up to date and succeed where I have reverted to older versions.
>
> # ImageMagick
> $ /opt/local/bin/convert -list font
>
> # GraphicMagick
> $ /opt/local/bin/gm convert -list font

Fail how? They work for me, with ghostscript @9.05_0 or @9.05_1.

ImageMagick declares a dependency on ghostscript so it's expected that it'll use ghostscript for something. GraphicsMagick does not declare a dependency on ghostscript, so if it's using ghostscript for anything, that's a bug.

Note there are other missing-character bug reports, about gv and evince:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33830

So this could be a freetype bug.