macports 2.0.4 breaks the usage of clang on Xcode 4.3.2

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Apr 8 08:38:14 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 11:25:23AM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> > Why don't we have a flag to pass to port or a setting in /opt/local/etc/macports to disable
> > binary downloads?
>
> You should be able to use -s for source only, and -b for binary only.

While this seems to work, we really need a setting in macports.conf to allow the user to
disable binary downloads by defeult. Besides the issue of the wrong compiler being used,
many folks would like to avoid the ancient llvm in llvm-gcc and use the most current
llvm in the newest clang compilers. The code generation is bound to be much improved.
          Jack