macports 2.0.4 breaks the usage of clang on Xcode 4.3.2

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Apr 8 08:44:21 PDT 2012

> While this seems to work, we really need a setting in macports.conf to allow the user to
> disable binary downloads by defeult. Besides the issue of the wrong compiler being used,
> many folks would like to avoid the ancient llvm in llvm-gcc and use the most current
> llvm in the newest clang compilers. The code generation is bound to be much improved.

There are things like this already committed in the trunk of MacPorts.

There is a new configuration file, archive_sites.conf [1]. In it, it describes how to disable fetching archives, per location:
# If you want to disable use of the archive sites listed in the ports tree,
# you could do this:
#name                macports_archives
#urls

 [1] https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/doc/archive_sites.conf