Fwd: package installation fails with Homebrew

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:05:41 PDT 2012

Dear Maintainers of MacPorts,

 It would be very nice if macports supported to compile a certain set
of base packages
without having to install the full bloated Xcode environment (which
consumes too much
disk space on my computer). Kenneth Reitz`s homebrew gcc would to my mind be a
good light-weight alternative. It is very annoying that many packages
compile well but
then just fail on installation like gcc47 and darwinbuild.
 autobuild, apple-gcc42 and mc are doing well yet, on the other hand.

Kind Regards,
Elmar Stellnberger