qt4-mac ...

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Apr 13 06:40:19 PDT 2012

On 2012-4-13 23:19 , Michael Dickens wrote:
> Question: Now that 'port' does the end-of-install library link checking,
> do I still need to go through the rev-bump ports that use qt4-mac?
> Because this is a "major" upgrade -- from 4.7 to 4.8 -- I/someone will
> need to do one or the other.  Thanks! - MLD

If the linking will be broken, revisions still need to be incremented.
You can use rev-upgrade to help with this: setting 'revupgrade_mode
report' in macports.conf will make it show you all the installed ports
that are broken but not rebuild them. (I'd recommend this mode for
developers so you're prompted to rev bump ports that need it.)

However, it doesn't look like the soname is changing, so are you certain
that rebuilding is necessary?

- Josh