MacPorts 2.1.0-beta1 now available for testing

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Apr 25 03:02:08 PDT 2012

On 04/24/12 20:14, Daniel wrote:
> I'm just suggesting a port selfupdate --pre
> to make it easier.

That sounds like a good suggestion. However, this is more complex as you
could be installing either trunk or a beta/release candidate of the
current branch. Also the current version never knows what the next
version will be called, so that has to be handled on the server side.

I don't think a simple --pre would be enough, rather we would need a
fixed list of "beta", "rc", or "testing" maintained with symlinks or
specify the exact version number of the tarball.

Rainer