port variants & conflicts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 14:36:52 PDT 2012

On Apr 29, 2012, at 16:19, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> so in conclusion:
>
> the way conflicts for variants is declared in the dovecot2 Porfile is
> not correct and ought to be written as it is in the postfix Portfile.

Yes, you're right.

The conflicts in the mysql5 variant of the dovecot2 port (and the other database variants of that port, now that I look at them) are describing conflicts between *ports*. This is not usually done in a variant, and it doesn't look like that's what the author meant to do here either.

The conflicts in the mysql5 variant of the postfix port are describing conflicts between the *variants* of the postfix port. That's perfectly normal, and is probably what the author of the dovecot2 port meant to do there as well.