postfix & databases

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 15:34:53 PDT 2012

I'm removing -users from the Cc list since this is a question about developing portfiles, not about how to use MacPorts.

On Apr 29, 2012, at 17:05, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>> It seems as if postfix could use mariadb and mysql55 variants ;-)
>>

> I've done some work on adding variant for all the other mysql
> implementation to postfix. before I submit at patch I'ld like someone to
> just go over my code to see if it's correct :-)
>
> variant mysql5 \
>    conflicts mysql55 mariadb \
>    description "add mysql support via mysql5.1" {
>        depends_lib-append path:lib/mysql5/bin/mysql_config:mysql5
>        lappend CCARGS  -DHAS_MYSQL "-I${prefix}/include/mysql5/mysql"
>        lappend AUXLIBS "-L${prefix}/lib/mysql5/mysql" -lmysqlclient -lz -lm
> }

The mysql5 port is going away, to be replaced by the mysql51 port, so perhaps this can be the mysql51 variant instead.

> variant mysql55 \
>    conflicts mysql5 mariadb \
>    description "add mysql support via mysql5.5" {
>        depends_lib-append path:lib/mysql55/bin/mysql_config:mysql55
>        lappend CCARGS  -DHAS_MYSQL "-I${prefix}/include/mysql55/mysql"
>        lappend AUXLIBS "-L${prefix}/lib/mysql55/mysql" -lmysqlclient
> -lz -lm
> }
>
> variant mariadb \
>    conflicts mysql5 mysql55 \
>    description "add mysql support via mariadb" {
>        depends_lib-append path:lib/mariadb/bin/mysql_config:mariadb
>        lappend CCARGS  -DHAS_MYSQL "-I${prefix}/include/mariadb/mysql"
>        lappend AUXLIBS "-L${prefix}/lib/mariadb/mysql" -lmysqlclient
> -lz -lm
> }
>
> variant percona \
>    conflicts mysql5 mysql55 \
>    description "add mysql support via percona" {
>        depends_lib-append path:lib/percona/bin/mysql_config:percona
>        lappend CCARGS  -DHAS_MYSQL "-I${prefix}/include/percona/mysql"
>        lappend AUXLIBS "-L${prefix}/lib/percona/mysql" -lmysqlclient
> -lz -lm
> }

Now that we have separate ports for each mysql, and they're in separate paths, we can just use port:-style dependencies instead of path:-style.