p5.12-dbd-mysql problems with mysql51 & mysql55

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Apr 30 15:29:06 PDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to update from mysql5 to at first mysql51, subsequently
>>> mysql55 and eventually mariadb which of course gives all kinds of
>>> problems ;-)
>>>
>>> I had no problem with this when it was mysql5 i used, and as mysql51
>>> ought to be a shoe-in for mysql5, using mysql51 ought to be a no-brainer
>>> as far as I understand.
>>
>> These ports are not ready for what you are attempting. Each port will be a non-conflicting port and dependent ports will need to pick which port they want or provide some variants to choose which one to use.
>>

> so to conclude :
> until these p.12 & p.14 ports are updated, I'm stuck on mysql5

Yes, although updating the p5.12-dbd-mysql to include the same mysql variants as dovecot2 or postfix should be quick and easy.
If you submit the patches I will make sure they get committed straight away. Other then that I do not have time at the moment look further.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)