flex

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 30 20:42:13 PDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 22:21, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Does flex currently pass its tests for you? On 10.7 (all current xcode/system but trunk macports), I have 1 failure in both clang and llvm-gcc-4.2:
> Test test-concatenated-options FAILED. See test-concatenated-options/OUTPUT for details.
>
> The OUTPUT file contains:
> echo %% | ../../flex -cn -o /dev/null
> make[5]: *** [test] Error 141
>
> There seems to be an upstream ticket from long ago, but it was closed due to lack of info.
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3408544&group_id=97492&atid=618177
>
> Later down my tree, raptor2 is unable to find the output from flex (during ./configure), I presume for the same reason this single test is failing.

I get the same test failure, on Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.6 / Apple gcc 4.2.1.

I don't understand why the failure happens. It still happens if I run that individual test:

cd $(port work flex)/flex*/tests/test-concatenated-options
sudo make test

But it works fine if I run the same command the test is running:

cd $(port work flex)/flex*/tests/test-concatenated-options
echo %% | sudo ../../flex -cn -o /dev/null