texlive dependencies - installing texlive when it didn't before (e.g. latex2html)

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 08:46:38 PDT 2012

Rainer Müller <raimue at ...> writes:
> Did not see what? You did not describe what exactly your problem is.
>
> From your original email, I assume MacPorts installs texlive ports for
> you? In this case, please provide a log file of the installation or at
> least the dry run output created by 'port -y' to see where the
> dependencies on texlive come from.

Sorry. The problem is that I don't want to install all of texlive if I
already have MacTex installed. I don't think I can test this if I have
texlive installed already (though I welcome how I might). For a short
test, I uninstalled bibtex2html and then ran with -d -v -y, here's the
log:

--->  Computing dependencies for bibtex2html
DEBUG: bibtex2html has no conflicts
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: ocaml
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for ocaml
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: hevea
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for hevea
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: texlive-latex-extra
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for texlive-latex-extra
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: texlive-latex-recommended
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for texlive-latex-recommended
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: texlive-basic
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for texlive-basic

But I think it's looking for texlive first, and then (hopefully) MacTex,
but I can't make it do the latter without uninstalling texlive (and all
the stuff that depends on texlive). But if I can, please tell me how!

JDO