texlive dependencies - installing texlive when it didn't before (e.g. latex2html)

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 21:53:30 PDT 2012

John Owens <john_owens at ...> writes:

> I spent a while ~2 years ago fixing up a bunch of ports so that if someone
> had MacTex installed, macports would not also install texlive. After a Snow
> Leopard install, I'm a little puzzled. For example, latex2html:

OK, I found two issues, and will happily check them in, but would like
confirmation they're the right thing to do.

The culprit: making docs in bibtex2html:

depends_build    port:ocaml port:hevea port:texlive-latex-extra
                          port:texlive-latex-recommended

which I propose to change to bin:latex:texlive-latex-recommended.

Also odd is pgf, which has as post-activate

post-activate {
    texlive.mktexlsr
}

mktexlsr is part of MacTex, but I don't know how to specify calling it
instead if it's in the binpath. Suggestions?

JDO