Fwd: New AquaTerm & gnuplot patches

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Mon Aug 20 15:35:53 PDT 2012

On 31/lug/2012, at 00:30, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Mojca, Sorry I'm late, i was "out of the civilization" until some days ago ;)

> AquaTerm has moved to GitHub and new version has been released. I
> attached the revised Portfile here:
>   http://trac.macports.org/ticket/34346
>
> However, it would be very helpful to patch gnuplot before upgrading
> AquaTerm. I uploaded this patch about three months ago (today I only
> refreshed it to reflect the latest change in gnuplot) and I would be
> really grateful for any kind of feedback:
>   http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/34423/gnuplot-use-aqt-framework-extra-option.patch

I am no autoconf expert, however I know it a little, all your patches make sense to me.

> The patch is needed in order to be able to get rid of
> libaquaterm.dylib & header files (replaced by AquaTerm.framework)
>
> I'm the maintainer of gnuplot port (without commit rights) and from my
> perspective I consider the patch ready to be committed (there is no
> need for rebuild gnuplot since gnuplot already links against
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/AquaTerm.framework/Versions/A/AquaTerm),
> so if any developer with commit rights is comfortable with the patch,
> I would like to request commiting it.

I'll commit it then, with your approval.

> ------
>
> The new version of AquaTerm might be interested for the following reasons:
> - support for transparency
> - universal binaries (like running i386 gnuplot with x86_64 AquaTerm)
> don't have problems any more
> - in 1.1.0 (which never made it into MacPorts) the first plot
> following "set term aqua size x,y" would be typeset with transparent
> (=invisible) labels and sometimes plot wouldn't be cleared
> - no need to patch xcodeproject

Since AquaTerm is under maintainership of mcalhoun, let's see what he/she thinks of it!
Also, I see that your commits were pulled in, does that mean that the patches to AquaTerm are now obsolete?

> In addition to that, I added a trivial patch which now tries to start
> /Applications/MacPorts/AquaTerm.app instead of
> /Applications/AquaTerm.app. The second one breaks functionality in
> case that a different version of AquaTerm is installed in
> /Applications.
>
> On the other hand it might not work on 10.4, but I'm not exactly sure
> about that. There is no reason why it wouldn't work (there are no
> Lion-specific functions in there :) except that it was way too painful
> to set up the old XCode to compile fat binaries including x86_64 that
> would also work on Tiger.
>
> Thank you,
>   Mojca

Aljaž Srebrnič