No subject

Wed Aug 1 07:28:53 PDT 2012

two options (result doesn't depends on which one was selected), it is
only important that at least one emacs binary is present on the system
and its full path is exposed to gnuplot.

Does this call for an Emacs PortGroup with ${emacs_binary} variable?
Any other suggestion? (One solution would definitely be to fix gnuplot
in such a way that it wouldn't even have to call emacs, it would just
copy the files, but that's an even bigger overkill.)

Thank you,
    Mojca

Disclaimer: I'm not an emacs user and don't know anything about
emacs-related ports. I'm just relying on feedback that Jaminos
provided in:

"Well, the way I wrote the emacs_app variant, the files end up in
${prefix}/share/emacs/site-lisp, not inside Emacs.app. IIRC that used
to be required, but at some point the emacs-app maintainers fixed its
load-path to include both Emacs.app/Contents/Resources and
${prefix}/share/emacs. I think the theory was that eventually we
wouldn't need separate "emacs" and "emacs_app" variants for other
packages, but clearly there are still some issues when we need the
executable itself and not just the location of the site-lisp
directory."