[100265] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 03:11:04 PST 2012

On Dec 6, 2012, at 05:06, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> py24-cairo would be the python 2.4 version of the port if "24" were in python.versions, but since it's not, no python 2.4 version is available anymore. Which is fine by me if nothing depended on it since we're trying to get rid of python 2.4 in MacPorts.

Actually there is something that depends on py-cairo: py-gtk2. So that port will have to be deleted.

And py-gtkmvc depends on py-gtk2. So that'll have to be deleted. Nothing depends on py-gtkmvc.

And diffuse has a python24 variant which depends on py-gtk2. So that variant will have to be deleted.

Unless you want to add "24" to python.versions in py-cairo and delete "python.default_version 27", and then change the aforementioned dependencies from py-cairo to py24-cairo. But I'd rather proceed with getting rid of python 2.4 things wherever we can.