automatically put require_active_variants in pre-configure Was: Re: [100265] trunk/dports/python

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 05:25:52 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 04:13:20AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2012, at 03:05, Aljaž Srebrnič  wrote:
> > > On a side note, why does the active_variants portgroup require the
> > > consumer to enclose the require_active_variants invocation in a
> > > post-configure block? Why can't the portgroup do that on its own,
> > > like the conflicts_build portgroup does? Anyway shouldn't it be
> > > pre-configure not post-configure?
> > well, the only difference between putting the code in pre-configure
> > and post-configure is, well, that configure gets executed, so
> > pre-configure should save some time.

> > but we can always change the portgroup...
> Yes, I suppose I should be asking Clemens (Cc'd now) about this since
> he wrote the portgroup.

Yes, require_active_variants could certainly be put in a pre-configure
block automatically. I didn't omit this for any specific reasons, I just
didn't think of doing it automatically.

I probably won't be able to do this before the weekend, so feel free to
do the change yourself if you want. Remember this is an API change for
the portgroup and needs to go into a new active_variants 1.1 group to
avoid breaking Portfiles executed from registry during the uninstall
and/or deactivate phases.

--
Clemens Lang