Portgroups Cmake + PythonXX

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 28 02:10:25 PST 2012

On Dec 28, 2012, at 04:08, Vincent Habchi wrote:

>> If the gmsh build system allows this without too much trouble, the nicest option would be if you could create pyXX-gmsh subports which could use the python portgroup. Or a standalone py-gmsh port using the python portgroup and sharing gmsh's dist_subdir.
>
> That would mean building gmsh without bindings and then build the bindings separately in the py-gmsh port. Why not? I’ll see if this is possible. That would mean linking with (an) already built library/ies…

Yes and this would have many advantages:

 * allowing the user to decide after already installing gmsh that they also want python bindings
 * allowing the user to install bindings for multiple versions of python at the same time
 * allowing other ports to declare dependencies on the python version of the bindings that they need