Suggestion for new pseudo-portnames

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Feb 2 08:16:20 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 05:01, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Hello

Howdy

> Note there is already the port -u upgrade/uninstall option. However, I think
> it would make sense to add this new redundant pseudo-port name.

Ah, good point I always forget about that option. And, I agree that it
still has a place in conveniently removing ports when -u hasn't been
used.

> This is a general problem for the handling of logical operators with
> pseudo-ports. We always build large lists and then merge them. As we are
> using a SQL-based registry, we could do more sophisticated queries for this
> purpose.

actinact would benefit from this as well, and probably plenty of others.
Are there any complex queries that are currently in use?

> I suggest the name missingdep:<port> for this.

I like that. But, maybe missingdepof (and missingrdepof?) to be
consistent with rdepof.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448