Avoid mirroring a distfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Feb 4 01:59:06 PST 2012

Hi Andrea,

On Feb 4, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> Yes, that was the thread that made me aware of vbox in ports, I've
> switched to the mp provided virtualbox and apart the extensionpack
> (installed by hand after fixing it with install_name_tool) I cannot
> see any difference.
ah, yes, I remember now. :-) That was you who was astonished about its presence in MP…

> Can you reproduce the error using the binary from oracle's website?
Yes I can.
This is why I don't believe anymore that it is an MP issue. That is why I did not file a ticket at MP's issue tracker.

> Can you share a link to the prebuilt VM you're using?
I tested various VM, self-installed and downloaded ones.
This one for instance shows the issue:  http://virtualboximages.com/openSUSE+12.1+KDE+i686+Desktop+VirtualBox+VDI+Virtual+Computer

I am quite irritated about it, since Oracle's and my self-built VB show exactly the same behaviour. So, this is why I thought it could be caused by my underlying Snow Leopard…

What are you running Andrea?

Greets,
Marko