VirtualBox and the missing ConsoleMessage command on Snow Leopard

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Feb 5 02:56:12 PST 2012

Hi Andrea,

On Feb 5, 2012, at 11:20 AM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> Then you have some issue with the virtualbox package, does the output of:
>  port contents virtualbox | grep org.macports.VirtualBox.plist
Looks like I am having an issue indeed, since the above returns nothing.

> correctly show the plist? You should uninstall and reinstall virtualbox.
OK, I'll do so right now...

> So you're actualy using the macports provided application, you seem to
> just lack the LaunchDaemon plist, maybe you inadvertently removed it
> while removing another version of VirtualBox.
No, I did not delete anything. At the time I had no other version of VB.

> Before further test confirm that you get the plist reinstalling
> virtualbox and that the drivers are correctly loaded using 'port load'
> action.
… in the meantime I did reinstall it and the result is the same:
---
$  port contents virtualbox | grep org.macports.VirtualBox.plist
$  port contents virtualbox | grep plist
  /opt/macports-test/Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/Resources/VirtualBoxVM.app/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/Resources/vmstarter.app/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Library/Extensions/VBoxDrv.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Library/Extensions/VBoxNetAdp.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Library/Extensions/VBoxNetFlt.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Library/Extensions/VBoxUSB.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  /opt/macports-test/Library/StartupItems/VirtualBox/StartupParameters.plist
---
There is no such file in the installation the portfile created. So I guess the portfile is to be blamed.

Greets,
Marko