VirtualBox and the missing ConsoleMessage command on Snow Leopard

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sun Feb 5 02:20:43 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:57, Marko Käning <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:
> I know that I should use "port load", but the thing is that this actually fails, as you can see:
> ---
> $ sudo port load virtualbox
> Error: Target org.macports.load returned: Launchd plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.VirtualBox.plist was not found

Then you have some issue with the virtualbox package, does the output of:
  port contents virtualbox | grep org.macports.VirtualBox.plist

correctly show the plist? You should uninstall and reinstall virtualbox.

> That is why I have to start the kernel modules manually via
> /opt/macports-test/Library/StartupItems/VirtualBox/VirtualBox start
> … before I can actually run virtualbox by clicking on its icon which calls
> /opt/macports-test/Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VirtualBox

So you're actualy using the macports provided application, you seem to
just lack the LaunchDaemon plist, maybe you inadvertently removed it
while removing another version of VirtualBox.

Before further test confirm that you get the plist reinstalling
virtualbox and that the drivers are correctly loaded using 'port load'
action.

--
Andrea