XCode 4.3

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Feb 17 14:43:16 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:58:56PM -0800, James Berry wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> > I had 4.2 installed, downloaded 4.3 from the app store, ran new Xcode (4.3), told it to uninstall 4.2 (/Developer and the installer from /Applications), had it install the command line tools, quit and xcode-select -print-path was set to /Developer

I just tried this in a VM that previously had Xcode 4.2 installed. Same
procedure, same result.

> If you're still in this state, (unlikely), maybe you could check that the code I checked in earlier handles this case correctly for you?

I tried this with trunk at r89972. What I got wasn't particularly
helpful:

Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Error: No valid Xcode installation was found; please install Xcode
Error:
Error: No valid Xcode installation was found: please install Xcode
Error:
Error: No valid Xcode installation was found; please install Xcode
Error:
Error: No valid Xcode installation was found: please install Xcode
Error:
Warning: Xcode does not appear to be installed; most ports will likely fail to build.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/