XCode 4.3

Art McGee amcgee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 05:11:35 PST 2012

Sorry to intrude:

> sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app

Shouldn't the command actually be:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

If you use the former, then xcodebuild -version returns:

error: can't exec '/Applications/Xcode.app/usr/bin/xcodebuild' (No
such file or directory)

I also tried an experiment, to see if Xcode.app can only reside in
/Applications, and it doesn't seem like it has to.

I've chosen to place Xcode 4.3 and all the other downloadable
utilities in their own directory, leaving 4.2.1 in place, and
switching between them:

Command:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Developer && xcode-select -print-path &&
xcodebuild -version

Output:

/Developer
Xcode 4.2.1
Build version 4D502

Command:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer &&
xcode-select -print-path && xcodebuild -version

Output:

/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Xcode 4.3
Build version 4E109

I've got MacPorts, Fink, and Pkgsrc co-existing on my machine, and
they're working OK so far.

Art