XCode 4.3

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sun Feb 19 09:00:11 PST 2012

Art,

On Feb 19, 2012, at 5:11 AM, Art McGee wrote:

> Sorry to intrude:
>
>> sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app
>
> Shouldn't the command actually be:
>
> sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
>
> If you use the former, then xcodebuild -version returns:
>
> error: can't exec '/Applications/Xcode.app/usr/bin/xcodebuild' (No
> such file or directory)

For me, using either /Applications/Xcode.app or the longer version seem to accomplish the same thing. My xcode-select doesn't have any trouble with the shorter version.

% sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app && xcode-select -print-path && xcodebuild -version
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Xcode 4.3
Build version 4E109

What's your system version? Perhaps the version of xcode-select you have is less capable?

% xcode-select -version
xcode-select version 2307.

James