reduce fails to build on 10.6

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 6 19:51:26 PST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 9:17 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
> This sounds reasonable for software that is stable. Reduce has been around since the 60s. It went open source a few years ago and is being worked on; it will be in a constant state of flux.

per policy, you're going to be fetching a fixed branch/tag/revision anyway (so builds are reproducible). If upstream can't be bothered to make releases - it's still best if someone does that for them (and generates a 'stable' tarball of some sort any time that that makes sense).

If you don't have a place where you can put the tarball, MacPorts can host it. If the current procedure for having us host a tarball is too onerous, then we should fix our procedure.

A normal distfile is highly prefered to fetching from revision control (they are checksummed, they are mirrored by our distfile mirrors, fetching them is proxy friendly, etc.)

--
Daniel J. Luke