reduce fails to build on 10.6

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 08:03:59 PST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 9:51 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> per policy, you're going to be fetching a fixed branch/tag/revision anyway (so builds are reproducible). If upstream can't be bothered to make releases - it's still best if someone does that for them (and generates a 'stable' tarball of some sort any time that that makes sense).

They do make releases, but they're sporadic and don't keep up with the pace of changes. As I said before, this code has been around since the 60s and only recently went open source. And they have been quite helpful (so far), incorporating bug fixes in svn. For instance, macports destroot phase caused an issue with the reduce image file pointing to the lisp binaries using the worksrcpath. They quickly implemented a fix that would take the absolute path ${prefix}.

Anyway, this may be a moot point. The amount of effort and skill required has exceeded my ability, and I'm considering abandoning the port. I sent the developer a message citing macport's expectations on passing env. variables. If they or anyone else are willing to help with the patches, I'd welcome it, otherwise this is beyond me at this time.

Mark