[89248] trunk/dports/science/alliance/Portfile

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sun Jan 22 06:54:24 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 09:44, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> Let's clarify that the llvm-gcc-4.2 compiler cannot compile that version of alliance. The llvm-gcc-4.2 compiler itself is not broken.

Yes, I didn't mean llvm-gg-4.2 was broken per se.

> Yes, we should do that; I brought that up here:
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-January/017440.html

Why fallback on gcc-4.2 has precedence over apple-gcc-4.2 ?

Anyway I came up with this block:
if {${configure.compiler} == "clang" ||
    ${configure.compiler} == "llvm-gcc-4.2"} {
    configure.compiler gcc-4.2
    if {[vercmp $xcodeversion 4.2] >= 0 || ![file executable ${configure.cc}]} {
        depends_build-append port:apple-gcc42
        configure.compiler apple-gcc-4.2
    }
}

that should handle our issue, it's falling back on gcc-4.2 before the
if in order to be able to check $configure.cc on the second clause.

> We should update the instructions, then update all ports using that block.

We're still talking about all ports having issues with compilers, right?

--
Andrea