subport and dependency

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sun Jan 22 07:44:00 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 10:17, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> On the opposite I had the impression that default stub should include
>> stub dependency, i.e. py-numpy rather than py24-numpy.
>> I preferer to specift the version as it doesn't assume knowing
>> anything about the dependency.

> I don't understand what you're saying here.
[…]
> The stub port's dependency on the default version of the port (i.e. in py-foo adding a dependency on py24-foo) is accomplished by the python portgroup itself.

If now port foo has a dependency on port bar it should append port:py24-bar.

What I said is that I had the impression that the dependency should
have been py-bar instead.
I see this is wrong, py24-foo has just to declare dependency py24-bar,
not a two-tiers dependency py24-foo > py-bar > p24-bar that make
assumption on bar's default $python.version .

--
Andrea