boost port file does not properly include isysroot

James Gregurich bayoubengal at mac.com
Mon Jan 30 15:59:57 PST 2012

Did the last message in the thread escape your notice?

Did Landon download the work, look at it and give me feedback like I asked?  I only know of one person who did that…and it wasn't Landon. It wasn't hard, all you had to do was download the zip file, unpack it to the root directory and invoke 'port' commands on it. I would have taken a few hours of time for an experienced developer to review the changes and comment on the appropriateness of the changes…perhaps make recommendations alternative approaches or additional work that needed to be done.

If someone had told me, "yes, this looks good. we are interested in this work, but we need the following additional work done….or do it some other way" I would have made the additional effort.

As for submitting a diff now…. this work is a year out of date. It would probably need to be started from scratch given the project's code has likely evolved significantly since then. I still have the zip file some where on my system, but I'm busy with other things. I have no time to spend on this effort any more.

If someone else wants the work and wants to pick up the ball and run with it, he can have the zip file. But I've moved on.

Again I make the statement….  I didn't come here to complain that my work wasn't accepted. It was merely answering Daniel's point that I should make effort to update the system. I did make that effort.