[94838] trunk/dports

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Jul 1 21:59:35 PDT 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> xz: upgrade to 5.0.4
>>
>> Stop splitting the port into a static xz and a shared liblzma,
>> include everything in the "xz" port like done with bzip2 etc.
>> Ignore the license and bloat issues that this brings, for now.
>> Mark the "liblzma" port as being replaced_by the new xz port.
>
> I thought it was nice having them split up, especially if liblzma is licensed differently from the xz command line utilities.

I thought so too, but that's not how things are done in MacPorts.

Actually I think the best would be to have liblzma included with
the system like it is in FreeBSD, but that's not happening and
MacPorts wouldn't use it anyway like it ignores zlib and bzip2.
So it's being made available in /usr/local, rather than /usr...

Feel free to hack the configure phase etc of liblzma, bumped rev.

--anders