[94838] trunk/dports

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Jul 1 22:04:00 PDT 2012

Blair Zajac wrote:

> If you don't have liblzma or xz installed and you try to install ImageMagick, then it'll install liblzma (guessing for ImageMagick's dependency), then deactivate it and install xz (guessing for ImageMagick's use_xz), and then link against xz's libraries instead of liblzma's.
>
> Could use_xz be updated to be satisfied by liblzma?

That sounds totally wrong, use_xz is being satisfied by bin:xz:xz
like it has always been. The "liblzma" port only provided liblzma.

If port can't handle replaced dependencies, I guess they would need
to be replaced manually (i.e. swapping "liblzma" depends for "xz")

The actual library is the same, anyway.

--anders