[95512] trunk/dports/kde

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 21 06:34:36 PDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 22:52, Joshua Root wrote:

> If you're adding a variant for example, a rev bump isn't helpful because
> just upgrading won't add anything to the port, the user has to actually
> specify that they want the variant when they install.

In this case the "docs" variant is provided by the kde portgroup that these ports use. So the user could actually have selected the "docs" variant before, but, as I understand it, wouldn't actually have gotten the documentation for these ports because of the typo that this commit corrected. While I understand that people don't like rebuilding ports unnecessarily, I think this revbump was the right thing to do. It meets the usual criteria: it changed the files that will be installed (for some users, in this case, those that had selected the "docs" variant).

It might have been better to wait until the next version number of these ports, and to incorporate the change then.