Unbuffered output in system ""

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 12:49:14 PDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 09:39:40PM +0200, Vincent Habchi wrote:
> Not that I am aware of. I am fetching two tagged git repositories as
> tgz files. The corresponding urls look a bit strange:
> ${base}/${repository}/zipball/${tag}. If you can help me fetch those
> more orthodoxly, I will gladly accept your advice!

This sounds like github. Note there's the github portgroup to fetch from
github. See the iTerm2 Portfile for example usage.

Since you need to fetch multiple files I'm not sure the github portgroup
would be of any use to you, but you can certainly fetch multiple files
without calling curl manually (see e.g. the nginx portfile on how to do
that).

Also, when fetching from github there really is no need to use zip where
.tar.gz would probably give you better compression rates and is
supported equally well.

--
Clemens Lang