Unbuffered output in system ""

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 13:05:01 PDT 2012

On 22 juil. 2012, at 21:49, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 09:39:40PM +0200, Vincent Habchi wrote:
>> Not that I am aware of. I am fetching two tagged git repositories as
>> tgz files. The corresponding urls look a bit strange:
>> ${base}/${repository}/zipball/${tag}. If you can help me fetch those
>> more orthodoxly, I will gladly accept your advice!
>
> This sounds like github. Note there's the github portgroup to fetch from
> github. See the iTerm2 Portfile for example usage.

You’re correct. It is. I didn’t know about the github portgroup. Thanks for the pointer.

> without calling curl manually (see e.g. the nginx portfile on how to do
> that).

Yup, that I do already in the Atlas portfile.

> Also, when fetching from github there really is no need to use zip where
> .tar.gz would probably give you better compression rates and is
> supported equally well.

I ask for a .tgz file and got the links I mentioned above. If you think they sound wrong, I’ll retry. Since the portfile has not been committed, I can still alter it freely.

Thanks for everything!
Vincent