Mountain Lion and MacPorts 2.1.2

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jul 26 00:07:41 PDT 2012

We detect a bunch of stuff at build or configure time. Existence of and
paths to various tools, whether e.g. tar is the gnu or bsd version,
versions of libs like curl and sqlite so we can apply workarounds.

If we checked everything that can differ in a relevant way at runtime
instead, a single pkg would certainly be fine. Nobody has yet even
determined what "everything that can differ in a relevant way"
constitutes, so we have separate pkgs for now.

- Josh