rev-upgrade to determine if binary is distributable

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 15:50:17 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 17:29, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> Would it make sense that while rev-upgrade was testing links it could collect licenses and make a determination if a port is distributable?
>
> Example: djvulibre is not distributable do to an rdep on ImageMagick though I fail to see where anything djvulibre installs is linked to anything ImageMagick installs.

At first glance, I don't see how those two tasks are related. If you want to know if there are any installed programs linked with libraries that no longer exist, use "sudo port rev-upgrade". If you want to know if a port foo is distributable, run "port_binary_distributable.tcl -v foo":

https://trac.macports.org/browser/tags/release_2_1_1/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl