Which license to use for scala*

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jun 13 14:33:24 PDT 2012

On 2012-6-14 07:14 , Blair Zajac wrote:
> Scala the language is distributed with the following license:
>
> https://github.com/scala/scala/blob/master/docs/LICENSE
>
> It looks like a BSD from a quick read.  Which license should I use for
> the scala* ports?

Each port's license field needs to list whatever license(s) apply to the
files installed by that port. If the docs tell you everything is under
one license, great; if not, you may well have to look at the license
headers in each file. Other distros may have already done this for you,
Debian's copyright files are usually pretty good for example. Make sure
you're looking at the same version though, as licenses do change sometimes.

- Josh