New source install problem with certs

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Thu Mar 1 16:17:25 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I installed Mac OS X 10.7 Lion fresh on a new hard drive on Mac Pro 2008. I then went through the Macports source install with svn [1]. But I am not able to run "port sync". On IRC jmr pointed me to a past mailing list post from Florian [2] but I attempted to apply his fix and that still does not work for me. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

$ port -v sync
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///opt/mports/trunk/dports
svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.macports.org)
shell command "/usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive /opt/mports/trunk/dports" returned error 1
Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn update
port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed

Strangely enough, running a simple "svn up" from "/opt/mports/trunk/dports" seems to work. I just cannot sync with the port command directly.

$ pwd
/opt/mports/trunk/dports
$ svn up
At revision 90322.