New source install problem with certs

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 01:58:28 PST 2012

Hi,

On 03/02/2012 01:17 AM, Frank Schima wrote:
> $ port -v sync
> Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///opt/mports/trunk/dports
> svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.macports.org)
> shell command "/usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive /opt/mports/trunk/dports" returned error 1
> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn update
> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>
> Strangely enough, running a simple "svn up" from "/opt/mports/trunk/dports" seems to work. I just cannot sync with the port command directly.

After the introduction of the new home directory I had the same problem
at first. See also [1] for some previous discussion on this topic.

The solution for me was to install curl-ca-bundle which now creates a
symlink such that openssl uses the installed certificates.

Rainer

[1]
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-February/017912.html