New source install problem with certs

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 08:25:54 PST 2012

On 2012-3-2 20:58 , Rainer Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/02/2012 01:17 AM, Frank Schima wrote:
>> $ port -v sync
>> Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
>> --->  Updating the ports tree
>> Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///opt/mports/trunk/dports
>> svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.macports.org)
>> shell command "/usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive /opt/mports/trunk/dports" returned error 1
>> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn update
>> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>>
>> Strangely enough, running a simple "svn up" from "/opt/mports/trunk/dports" seems to work. I just cannot sync with the port command directly.
>
> After the introduction of the new home directory I had the same problem
> at first. See also [1] for some previous discussion on this topic.
>
> The solution for me was to install curl-ca-bundle which now creates a
> symlink such that openssl uses the installed certificates.
>
> Rainer
>
> [1]
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-February/017912.html

Unfortunately this doesn't help /usr/bin/svn. I would say this is
actually a bug/limitation in Apple's svn (or perhaps their OpenSSL) on
Lion. I can reproduce the issue on 10.7 but not 10.6.

We probably masked the problem previously because it used the config in
the user's home dir, thus picking up that they had previously chosen to
trust the server's cert.

- Josh