Remove alternate worksrcpath

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 4 09:16:02 PST 2012

Hello,

as of MacPorts 1.8 we support using an alternate worksrcpath in
~/.macports for compiling without root privileges. However, some
releases later we are now dropping privileges to a separate macports
user and using a different home directory to isolate better from
external configurations.

Therefore I propose to remove this feature completely. Users should
either always use sudo or make a separate non-root installation.

Please see the attached patch. If there are no objections, I am going to
apply this.

Rainer

$ diffstat remove-altworkpath.diff
 port/port.tcl            |    4 +-