Remove alternate worksrcpath

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Mar 4 17:51:23 PST 2012

On 2012-3-5 04:16 , Rainer Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as of MacPorts 1.8 we support using an alternate worksrcpath in
> ~/.macports for compiling without root privileges. However, some
> releases later we are now dropping privileges to a separate macports
> user and using a different home directory to isolate better from
> external configurations.

Both of these (bar the home dir) came from the same GSoC project,
interestingly enough.

> Therefore I propose to remove this feature completely. Users should
> either always use sudo or make a separate non-root installation.
>
> Please see the attached patch. If there are no objections, I am going to
> apply this.

I actually like this for testing the destroot phase for new ports, as it
makes bypassing the destroot and writing directly to the prefix fail. If
we were to get trace mode fully working again, this should no longer be
a factor.

- Josh