[OT] Consulting job porting Linux video player

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Mar 9 17:36:56 PST 2012

Hello,

I work for Sony Pictures Imageworks [1] and we have a high-end video
playback application that runs on Linux for reviewing feature length
movies and we need to port it to Mac OS X.  It involves two main pieces:

- Recompiling everything on Mac OS X
- Porting audio from alsa/pulse to Apple's audio

It seems like the MacPorts committers are a perfect bunch of people so
I'm reaching out to the group to see if anybody is interested.

We are also looking at doing a port to iOS (either native app or HTML5),
so if you have any interest in either the Mac OS X or iOS port, please
contact me directly.

Regards,
Blair

[1] http://www.imageworks.com/