Breaking long dependency chains

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 19 10:05:55 PDT 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, at 11:31, Freek Dijkstra wrote:

> I also understand that you guys appreciate some help in improving the
> documentation. Is there a good place to start?
>
> I'm afraid I have little time, but perhaps can take up a few smaller
> tasks for starters. The following query does list most documentation
> issues. Is there someone coordinating this?
>
> https://trac.macports.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=component&component=%21ports&component=%21base&order=priority

Mark Duling had been taking charge of documentation some years ago, but I don't think he's done much with it recently.

Rainer Müller had been working two years ago on a new consolidated documentation system based on asciidoc; this was dormant for awhile but Rainer seems to have picked it up again recently:

https://trac.macports.org/log/branches/new-help-system